Fresh water is every homeowner’s dream! However, in order to get to fresh water, your well in some instances may need to be drilled at least 1,000 feet into the ground – which is no easy feat. The well needs to be dug through the overburden ground material and past the bedrock. And, if that is not enough, each project is different depending on where you live, the terrain, and even the kind of top soil on your land. This goes to say that well drilling is not a project for beginners and is best left to reliable water well drilling companies in Napa County.
Reasons Why You Should Hire a Professional
1. Save Money – If you are planning to drill a water well, just renting the drill will cost you several thousand dollars. And, this does not include the delivery charges. You will also need to factor in fees for every attempt at drilling the well. This fee can differ from state to state and even county to county. If you commit a mistake drilling, it could cost you depending on which county you live in. Therefore, it’s highly recommended that you hire a professional well driller who can get the job done for you. When you hire a professional well driller, his fees will include:
- Required Permits
- Price per foot drilled
- Cost of water pump testing
- Cost of water quality testing
- Price per foot of casing
- Cost of labor
A professional well company will also recommend the right pump and materials needed for the installation.
2. Protect the Water Table – Well drilling needs experience. If an accident occurs while you are trying to drill a well in your backyard, you could taint the water table for your neighbors too. It is also important to bear in mind that a poorly dug well can attract fines. Well drillers have years of training and experience and will be able to get the job done without any accidents. They will also be able to spot hazards and tell you if your digging site could draw bacteria into your water source.
3. Well Placement Can Be Tricky – Though Google tutorials may help you with tips on well placement, it can be quite tricky to find the right spot to drill your well. You may end up digging half your yard, searching for the right spot. Needless to say, this can turn into an expensive experiment and a frustrating process. Well drilling experts have both the equipment and technical know-how to locate the right spot to drill your well without damaging your yard and are well worth the money they charge.
4. Safety – As mentioned earlier, drilling wells is not an easy task and involves the use of heavy machinery. Professional well drillers go through years of training to stay abreast about new industry standards. Many companies require their drill operators to also go through CPR and First Aid classes aside from safety training. When you hire a professional, you and your family can remain safe indoors, while the experts get your well dug up in no time at all.
5. Expert Drilling – You can commit several rookie mistakes while attempting DIY drilling. This can include missing the water table, drilling crooked well shafts, drilling through a power line, installation of improper liners, or even drilling too close to a septic tank. Save yourself the energy, time, and money, by hiring a professional to drill a water well for you. Professional well drillers will also help you file proper reports to the department of ecology.
6. Save on Supplies – Drilling supplies are expensive! Aside from the expense incurred in renting a drill, there are several other supplies needed to drill a water well. You will also need to know what supplies to buy and where to procure them from. However, when you hire a professional well drilling company, they already own all the equipment they need to get the job done easy and dandy. They will also recommend where you can procure cost-effective and high-quality material and many of them will give you an all-inclusive quote and get all the material you need. Overall, hiring a professional will save you money and time.
7. Professional Service Is Convenient – Any new project can cause anxiety and if you work two jobs and put in more than 40 hours a week, you are likely not going to have the time to worry about drilling a water well. If you spend a good portion of your day traveling to work, it is likely you have little time on hand for large home improvement projects. Thankfully, there are experts who can take the stress of drilling a well off your shoulders and get the job done while you can relax after a long day at work. Long story short, professional service is convenient!
8. Outstanding Results – If you can execute drilling a water well from step 1 to finish, you certainly deserve a pat on the back. However, unlike other DIY jobs, drilling a well is no easy feat. Also, a poorly planned project or botched job will leave you with no well and feelings of frustration. Rather than beating yourself up for a botched job, you will do good in hiring a well drilling expert to whom you can entrust your home improvement project. Well drilling experts have the technical know-how and possess years of experience in drilling wells in all kinds of terrain. They will do a fantastic job while you can reap the many benefits of owning a water well.
If you are looking to drill a water well and don’t know where to start, contact Weeks Drilling & Pump Co. today for an initial consultation and an obligation-free quote. We are one of the best water well drilling companies in Napa County and offer affordable well drilling services. Call us today at 707-823-3184.