Whether you realize it or not, water is one of the most regularly used resources, ranking second only to oxygen in its consumption. You use it for bathing, drinking and cooking, washing your dishes and clothes, and for miscellaneous cleaning tasks. You may not have access to, or have opted to decline the use of municipal water for your house. If so, it is important to have a professional perform a well test in Sonoma County or wherever you intend to have a well.
Well water doesn’t contain the chemicals that municipal water does in the efforts to disinfect the water. However, that doesn’t mean that it’s free from toxins.
- Soil around your well may contain high concentrations of minerals or nitrates.
- If there are high levels of lead, iron or mercury, they could cause illnesses for you and your family.
- Your water could be acidic, contributing the erosion of you household plumbing.
In addition to testing for high levels of harmful minerals, bacteria and metals, you’ll want to get a well test in Sonoma County to test for other contaminants common to that county and to figure out the next steps to take so that you can enjoy your well water with piece of mind.
If a test finds that your water has issues, Weeks Drilling and Pump can help you resolve them.
- They offer treatment for microbiological problems with or without the use of chemical disinfectants.
- No matter what type of filtration your water needs, Weeks has the equipment and personal to help you correctly design a filter system.
- You can get extra purification with chlorine feeders, aeration, ozonators, and ultraviolet purifiers. Reverse osmosis is also available for the entire house.
Make sure to maintain your well by contacting Weeks Drilling and Pump to complete a well test in Sonoma County and surrounding areas. Call them at (707) 823-3184 and set up a time to have your well tested and ensure that you and your family are getting the purest water possible.