Weeks Drilling & Pump Company started out in 1906 as a country hardware store and small pump shop, owned and operated by Hod Weeks. It was originally located in the heart of Sebastopol on what is now called Weeks Way. In 1949 Walter & Mary Thompson purchased Weeks Hardware and decided to retain the well-established Weeks name. By the early 1950s they had sold the hardware store to devote their time and energy exclusively to the pump shop and also add on the drilling operation capability.
Following Walter's death in 1959, Mary Thompson took the reins as company president and ran Weeks with the help of her four sons; Wayne, Jerry, Bob & Ward. They grew the business and established their reputation for quality work and dedication to the highest professional standards. Weeks moved to its present location on Highway 12 in the early 1960s and opened their Mendocino County branch office in Ukiah.